Thursday, February 17, 2011

My Weakness & His Power

His grace is sufficient for me.

No matter what, no matter where I am or in what situation I find myself--HIS grace is enough for me. I can handle any situation or circumstance because He has power & control of my life. He went before me, died on a cross saving me from my sin & proceeded to Heaven to sit at the right hand of my good & gracious God.

His power is made perfect in my weakness.

When I find myself in a situation that I cannot fix, when my flesh is too weak to understand the circumstances, or when I am unequipped to handle what is before me, HIS power suffices & provides unsurpassing peace, unexplainable joy, & incomprehensible freedom. He is enough.

Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly...

not because of my own doing. or because I am smart or talented or witty or wise. But...
because I am weak.

And, in those utter & absolute moments of weakness, His power can rest on me.

That's why I am able to rejoice when life is tough, when I am ridiculed or made fun of, when I feel inadequate or intimidated, when I am unsure of the steps to take or the words to choose. I can rejoice & be glad in this because...

When I am weak, He is strong.

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment