Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Seasons...

These past few weeks have been a whirlwind--Thanksgiving, essays, research papers, tests, church choir practices, and tying up the last of the semester's loose ends have consumed my life! Though my heart is heavy as I prepare to take the next step in my life, my time in Waco and at Baylor has been richly blessed as I have grown, matured, and begun to see just a little of the Lord's plan for my life revealed.

Though I know full well the Lord has a pure and perfect plan, that doesn't mean I've accepted this change gracefully. :) As I was driving home for Thanksgiving, I definitely took a little time to express to the Lord my not-so-happy attitude in preparing to move from this place I have grown to love. However, as I drove up Highway 6, I was struck by the beautiful, changing trees--evidence of the fall season making its way in.

I was quickly reminded of the beautiful words found in Ecclesiastes:
There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:
a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.


The seasons these trees endure is quite like the seasons of life. Though I have no idea where I will be in the next few months, I do know it is time for this season of my life to come to an end. I am confident the Lord is using this time to prune me and help me grow--even if that means my life must change--and soon enough, I know I will be able to see the evidence of this as I continue to strive towards becoming the woman God wants me to be.

On another note...
Thanksgiving was a joyous time in the Wright household consisting of shopping extravanganzas, coffee shop concerts, a home makeover, some good down time, and of course--the infamous Thanksmas (well, Mom prefers Christgiving). I've included a few pictures from the week for your viewing pleasure including, but not limited to, our shopping trip to C-City documented by finding dad's cattle brand on a wall, Syd and A's mayonnaise hair-treatment, mom and jo's tile cleaning attempt, the new guest room, the coffee shop concert featuring Syd, and some. :)











Back in Waco, I got to meet SANTA! :) Here's a pic of me and my small group girl, Erin. Erin has been an incredible blessing to my life over the past few years. I met her at Kamp Kanakuk while I was a counselor the past few summers and have had the privilege of getting to hang out with her ever since through the K-Life ministry in Waco. She's a freshman at Waco High.



I pray each of you is experiencing a blessed holiday season filled with lots of love, laughter, family, and a constant attitude of gratitude for the sacrifice our Heavenly Father made on our behalf!

Blessings on each of you and your families!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Glyn, I loved reading this blog...I definately can see that God is at work and how much you have matured over the years being away. I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!! It is so awesome to see the things God is doing in "my girls" lives...(hope you don't mind me claiming you as one of "my girls"...lol...you are amazing and I can't wait to see the rest of God's plan He has laid out for you...I am so proud that you are embracing the fact that you know He has a plan for you and you are just waiting and anticipating what He has in store for you!!! Keep seeking Him and waiting...I know it is going to be awesome!!! I Love ya!!! Miss Judy

    ReplyDelete